The aim of the NSON-DE project is the analysis and evaluation of different market and grid concepts of a potential offshore grid in the North Sea region regarding their impact on the German as well as the overall European energy supply system. Some of the aspects investigated include the connection of market areas, planning and operation of meshed multi-terminal HVDC grids for various applications, connecting existing storage capacity in Norway and UK as well as integrating novel offshore storage technology for the provision of flexibility ensuring a safe grid operation.
Improved grid planning & cost-benefit evaluation methods and results for policy makers as well as potential stakeholders of an offshore grid; mathematical/methodological modules for grid planning procedures and commercial studies.
- Technical University of Denmark
- ECN part of TNO
- ForWind – University of Hanover Electric Power Systems
- IWES Fraunhofer
- Stiftelsen for industriell og teknisk forskning MARINTEK
- University College Dublin
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Kassel Mathematics