What is EERA JP WIND?
The mission for EERA JP WIND is to provide strategic leadership for medium to long-term research and to support the European wind energy industry and societal stakeholders. The joint programme brings together all public research organisations in Europe with substantial research and innovation efforts in wind energy.
EERA JP WIND aims to provide the following benefit to its members:
- Support R&D managers in institutions with significant wind energy R&D in shaping their research strategies according to European and national priorities and build the network to execute it.
In EERA JP WIND we work together, to develop and understand the key research priorities for the European wind energy sector and implement it through joint projects or in national research programmes.
- Influence EU strategic research priorities
EERA JP WIND aims to be the most important platform to engage in EU Strategic research priority setting. This will happen directly via EERA JP WIND as well as in collaboration with national partners and the European Technology and Innovation Platform for Wind Energy (ETIPWIND).
- Access a unique pool of knowledge, data and research facilities
The members of EERA JP WIND are the main organisations for public wind energy R&D in Europe. That creates a unique knowledge pool and a platform for sharing and accessing data and research facilities.
- Being part of globally leading network of wind energy researchers
EERA JP WIND should provide its members with a potential global outreach to collaborative partners around the world.
For Europe, EERA JP WIND is:
- a one-stop shop for public wind energy R&D
- a platform for coordination of research facilities, data and human resources
- a driving force in maintaining Europe’s role as home to the world’s largest and most advanced wind turbine manufacturers and sub-suppliers.
EERA JP WIND is organised in eight sub-programme:
SP1: Programme planning and outreach (SP Coordinator Peter H. Madsen, DTU (1st point of contact) & Xabier Munduate, CENER)
SP2: Research Infrastructure, testing and standards (SP Coordinator: Paul McKeever, ORE Catapult)
SP3: Wind conditions and climatic effects (SP Coordinator: Jake Badger, DTU)
SP4: Aerodynamics, loads and control (SP Coordinator: Peter Eecen, ECN part of TNO)
SP5: System integration (SP Coordinator: Nicolaos Cutululis, DTU)
SP6: Offshore Balance of Plant (SP Coordinator: John O. Tande, SINTEF)
SP7: Structures, materials and components (SP Coordinator: Arno van Wingerde, Fraunhofer IWES)
SP8: Planning & Deployment, social, environmental and economic issues (SP Coordinator: Lena Kitzing, DTU)