19th - 23rd of September 2022, Amsterdam
EERA JP Wind Annual Event 2022
Wind Innovation Forum, in collaboration with ETIPWind
September 19 – 23, (Amsterdam)
The EERA JP Wind Innovation Forum is the yearly event organized by EERA JP Wind (www.eerajpwind.eu) to meet among the research managers in wind energy from academia, institutes and industry. Policy makers from member states and EU join the events. The Forum is an interactive EERA event of 5 days with workshops, presentations and discussions on strategic wind energy research. The aim of the forum is to provide the European R&I community in wind energy opportunities to create synergy advantages for European research organizations and industry in support of the green energy transition and the SET-Plan goals.
The kick-off meeting for the ETIPWind (www.etipwind.eu) support project (led by WindEurope (www.windeurope.org) will be hosted by the Forum in Amsterdam. Therefore, we expect a good participation from industry representatives.
Since 2014, EERA JP Wind has been organising yearly events in Amsterdam, often in collaboration with the industry platform ETIPWind and the SETPlan Implementation Working Group on offshore wind. The Wind Innovation Forum aims for knowledge exchange, network opportunities, collaboration opportunities and inspiration for new research topics. It aims on R&I priorities and technology development visions.
Monday 19 September 2022
10:00 – 12:00 Integrated Use of the Sea Spatial planning
14:00 – 15:30 Integrated Use of the Sea Smart O&M and Large WT
16:00 – 17:00 Integrated Use of the Sea Navy and Fishery
Tuesday 20 September 2022
9:00 – 10:30 – Floating Wind towards 2040
11:00 – 12:00 Floating Wind Lighthouse
14:00 – 15:30 System Integration towards 2040
16:00 – 17:00 System Integration Lighthouse
and also : Kick-off Meeting ETIPWind
Wednesday 21 September 2022
9:00 – 10:30 Onshore wind: aiming for larger turbines
11:00 – 12:00 Onshore wind: social acceptance and energy landscapes
Sven Stremke – Professor Landscape Architecture (lector) Amsterdam Academy of Architecture
“Energy landscapes – challenges to integrate wind power in a densely populated country.”
14:00 – 15:30 Sustainability and recycling
16:00 – 17:00 Onshore wind: Grid challenges and regulations
Thursday and Friday 22-23 September 2022
EERA Workshop “Hydrogen from Wind”
The first EERA Workshop on ”ongoing research in Hydrogen from Wind ” takes place September 22-23 2022 in Amsterdam
Aim of the workshop
The event is meant as an exchange between researchers on the interaction between wind energy and hydrogen production, therefore it is explicitly planned as a live event.
• Excellent networking opportunities outside the presentations as well, hence we will have extensive breaks and social program
• A strong basis for exchange and future cooperation between research organisations, universities and industry.
• A good impression of “who’s doing what” across Europe
The workshop concentrates on research on the interaction between wind energy and hydrogen generation, such as:
• The grid will provide: can we trust the grid to provide a constant stream of electricity from wind energy to electrolysers?
• Dynamic operation of electrolysers and wind turbine optimisation for hydrogen production
• Off- & weak grid operation
• Hydrogen logistics & transportation
• Economic and regulatory aspects
• Technological developments in electrolysers ready for offshore
• Peripheral Hardware for offshore
• Coordination of research efforts
• Test methods and research infrastructure
We particularly welcome results from industry and from European and national research projects.
We strongly encourage all presenters to come to Amsterdam, since it is the interaction and networking that is the focus of this event.
The call for contributions is officially open. Please mention:
• In the subject of the email put: Hydrogen from Wind
, so we know for which event this is meant and your abstract does not get “lost”
• Title of the presentation, name of presenting actor, affiliation
• Contact data
• Highlight the framework (e.g. industrial/national project/European project) of your research
• Main aims and results to date.
Abstracts (about 1 A4) can be directly submitted to the EERA JP Wind Operations & Communications Manager, Julien Balsen, email@example.com, by 1 August 2022 .
Papers are not foreseen, as this event is particularly about ongoing research, rather than polished results.
Please point out not just positive results but also problems encountered and things that did not go according to plan – this where others can learn from or may be able to help you out!
About EERA JP Wind
The mission for EERA JP WIND is to provide strategic leadership for medium to long-term research and to support the European wind energy industry and societal stakeholders
About EERA JP Fuel cells and Hydrogen
The Joint Programme sustains research for European leadership in fuel cell, electrolyser and hydrogen technology
The joint programmes bring together all public research organisations in Europe with substantial research and innovation efforts.
ARISTO AMSTERDAM – Conference location
Telephone: +31 88 230 1020
- 15 minutes from Schiphol Amsterdam Airport by taxi/car
- 20 minutes from Schiphol Amsterdam Airport by public transport
- Close to A10 motorway
- Free Wi-Fi
- Please check http://www.ns.nl/en/travellers/home for the actual train schedule from Schiphol to Amsterdam Sloterdijk or Amsterdam Central station
- Map of train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk
- Metromap of Amsterdam
- Please check http://en.gvb.nl/ for the actual tram/metro schedule
- Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – Sloterdijk Station
- Mercure Hotel Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station
Dinner – September 20, 19.00h
All participants are invited to participate to the networking dinner organized on September 20 (day 2).
More details will be provided soon.